Essentials Colors

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Rich
Essentials Colors

Post by Rich » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 am

Two comments on Essentials (Windows 64 v1.03):

It would be very helpful to be able to view designs against a selectable background color to allow real-time thread-color adjustments. I haven’t found a way to do that. If not possible now, perhaps a future feature?

While adjusting design colors I occasionally find two adjacent (in sewing order) thread colors that could be made the same color. But, when I do that, the resulting working file (.be) and the resulting embroidery file (.pes) are very different. The working file is correct but the embroidery file has all the thread colors, from the point of the adjacent color duplication, incorrectly rendered. It seems that the two adjacent same-color stops are reduced to one stop when the embroidery file is built and all subsequent color stops are shifted ahead by one stop. I’m not sure what happens to the color of the last-sewn object.

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Essentials Colors

Post by Admin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:42 pm

Click preferences to change the background color to anything you like.
The other issue is something we can't reproduce. Please send a sample working file in, along with whatever originating files were used and the steps to create it, so we understand.
Also, PES files and Brother machines will skip color-stops when the same color is used.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

Rich

Re: Essentials Colors

Post by Rich » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Ah yes, Preferences/Grid Settings/Color.

That's what I was looking for. Works great. Thanks for your help.

As for the second item, I sent you three files illustrating the problem.