How many RA Poly colors are in Essentials and...

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
Meryl08
How many RA Poly colors are in Essentials and...

Post by Meryl08 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:07 am

How can I print that list, or can you send me the list? Having trouble "reconciling" colors from SW to my Brother PR-650 which only has the capacity for 300 colors. Thanks in advance.
Meryl

Meryl08

Re: How many RA Poly colors are in Essentials and...

Post by Meryl08 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:20 am

Found the answer to the "how many RA poly colors" which is 452. Now have the real questions:

1. How can I print out the list of the RA poly colors in Essentials?
2. How might I possibly prune that list so as to be reconcilable with the 300 color limit of the Brother PR650??? Or even better, do you know if that 300 color limit in the PR-650 is expandable???
Again, many thanks!
Meryl

Admin
Site Admin

Re: How many RA Poly colors are in Essentials and...

Post by Admin » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:40 pm

As far as printing the colors, I would ask your RA dealer for a color chart. Then almost everyone just ignores the machine and uses whatever color you want. You cannot get around its limit, and by the time you entered everything, you'd be exhausted. Commercial embroiderers don't even have colors on their machines.

Sometimes, it's a battle not worth fighting. I hear the newer machines are more thread-friendly, but haven't tested this out yet.

Using PES files, each color is a 'Custom User Color' in the file, unless it's one of the Palette/PE-Design pre-defined colors. So machines that have that ability (ask the dealers) should show everything.
Meanwhile, I just set them out in order. (Using my Baby Lock EMP6, which is one generation behind your 650.)

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"