how do you resize?

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
sandimacd
how do you resize?

Post by sandimacd » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:28 pm

I imported a PES design and was able to select, copy and paste a section. But I cannot find out how to rotate or resize it. Can this be done? I searched the forum for any one that may have suggested these as additional features but could not find any posts about a resize function. To make it stranger when I tried the forum search box for resize, resize design, resize feature, how to resize, etc I got an error message that the word resize was too common. Yet I can't find that term in the forums!
I found where text can be rotated but not anything of how to rotate designs. Thanks,
Sandi MacD :?:
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...

Meryl08

Re: how do you resize?

Post by Meryl08 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:55 am

Hi Sandi! I have more or less successfully resized some PES designs for my PR-650. Follow this "path": Edit > Select All > . You will then get some "handles" on each of the 4 corners of the design. Place your cursor on one and it will change to an arrow. To get proportional resizing you can hold down the SHIFT key while dragging one of the handles. In theory you should be able to get proportional resizing when the little padlock icon on the toolbar is locked; does not work for me. Also you can type numeric values into the boxes to the left of the padlock (i.e. a percentage) for your up- or downsizing. I have had varying degrees of success because not all designs will let you up- or downsize to just any value. I am not an experienced user of any emb SW so I am stumbling along. HTH! Meryl

Kat

Post by Kat » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:42 am

Sandi, the rotate button is purple. You see it near the squares which you use to resize. There is a pdf file on the download page which does have some valuable info. It certainly needs some clarification and updating however. Kat

Meryl08

Post by Meryl08 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:01 am

Cool! Now I learned how to rotate. Thanks, Kat!
Meryl

sandimacd

Post by sandimacd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:53 pm

Wonderful! Works great.
embroidery on Mac OSX has opened up a new world to me...