.BX fonts?

Admin
Site Admin
Re: .BX fonts?

Post by Admin » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Great Notions has some BX fonts too, FYI.

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

jnkjohnson

Post by jnkjohnson » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:28 am

:shock: Ugh!!
Please help! So I just purchased the Alpha Tricks the other day but can't figure out how to import my already existing fonts. Whenever I click import fonts, there is nothing to choose from. All my embroidery fonts are PES files. What is .BX file? So the ones I have now cannot be imported because of being PES?

Im new to this embroidery world. Help me, Im drowning!! :o

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:38 am

The best way to learn how to map fonts is to watch the Videos. Look on the left at Embrilliance.com and click Videos. You can also take a look at the Help, or read the PDF. BX files are provided by some font digitizers as a courtesy - and they're great. But 99% of the time, you'll not have those available, so you get A.PES, B.PES, etc. That's where AlphaTricks comes in. You start a new font, then the Merge window opens up and you selected all the letter designs of the font collection. Then you assign keys to each design. Once you've done that, you can use that font almost as flexibly as any built-in font.
Cheers!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Hi jnkjohnson!

Try watching this Video on how to map your Alphabet letters (pes files) to Alpha Tricks.
Click on this link below.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4mhYYEoXFc

EastWitch2

jnkjohnson

Post by jnkjohnson » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 am

Hi EastWitch2!
Watched the video, but still am having issues.
When I click on the Alpha Tricks button and click import, there is nothing to import.
Im not understanding how to convert the PES file to .BX
Thanks for your input!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:13 pm

jnkjohnson

Do you have the pes Alphabet Files in a folder or in a zip file on your computer?
Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

These are the directions for a Windows computer

When you open Alpha Tricks click on the Needle Icon that has the ABC beside it in the Tool Bar at the top of the window.
This is the Font Mapper.
When you click on it you should get a Pop Up Box asking if you want to map a Font.
Click on Yes.
When you click yes it will show you on the left side of the Window all the different Files and Folders on your computer.

Find the folder that one of the Alphabet pes files are in for the alphabet you want to map
It could be a Zip File or a folder where you stored the Alphabet Files in.
Click on the folder or zip file that holds the files.

Now on the right side of the Window Pane the different letters for the selected Alphabet should show up.
You can click on each letter or hold your control key down and click on each of the letters you want to import at one time..
If you want all the letters that appear in the left pane click on Select All at the top of the Window.

Once you have the letters that you want selected click on Imoport at the top of the window.
Wait a little bit and then all the letters you chose will show up in the Mapping Window in a row on the base line.

If you need to adjust some of the letters to the right position of the base line then click on each letter and adjust it's position.

Then you can use the Quick Keys or the keys on your keyboard to Map your letters.

And you can give the Alphabet a new name if you want to and then clcik Save and the Alphabet letters will be saved.

Then the Alphabet will show up as one of the Alphabet options you choose from when you are in the Create Letters work space.
You can click on the A Icon in the top tool bar which is the Icon for Creating letters

Make sure to choose a hoop size first that you want the text to fit in.
Do this by Clicking On Edit at the top of the window and then click on Preferences and then Hoops

Type your text in the first box in the Properties Pane on the right side of the working window which is the bottom half on the right Pane.
Then Click Set.

Then you choose an Alphabet that you want the text made in from the second box on the right by clicking on the arrow by the box and that opens and shows all the Alphabets that you mapped into Alpha Tricks.
Choose one of the Alphabets.
Then the text that you typed out will appear in the Alphabet you selected.
Make any adjustments to the text using the slider bars etc or import another design and merge the text with the design .
Once you have everything the way you want it do a Save As Working and Stitch File.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

EastWitch2

jnkjohnson

Post by jnkjohnson » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:40 pm

hi again!
I have a mac.
When I say yes to import files the window pane on left shows very few of my files. But none of them have my alphabet PES files.

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:01 pm

jnkjohnson
I am sorry it took so long to get back to you on this problem.
Did you use the up and down Scroll Arrows to move through all the files in the left pane?
Using the left pane should allow you to find the folder that you stored your files in on your computer.
Where on your computer do you normally store the pes files?
EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:13 pm

March 17, 2014

BX Files for Alphabet Collections are now available at The Itch 2 Stitch Website!

Read all about it at the link below.
http://embrilliance.com/social

Link to The Itch 2 Stitch Website below.
http://www.theitch2stitch.com//

EastWitch2

Chere

Post by Chere » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:21 am

I purchased quite a few of the Jolson's Fonts once he had the BX files and I am really happy with them. I recently read of another digitizer who is using the BX fonts but I neglected to take down the name; it isn't one of the ones mentioned here though. If I run across it again I'll post the name.