Mapping Diamond Type Monogram letters?

EastWitch2

Mapping Diamond Type Monogram letters?

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 pm

I have a free Alphabet that includes the Left, Right and Center position letters from a to Z to form a Diamond type of Monogram.
I am wondering what the best way is to map these types of letters.

Do you use the MGM Button and also the A-Z buttons to map the letters in the different positions?

For Example - To Map the Center Letters do I put the MGM button to Center and then select the A-Z button to map all Center letters between A to Z?

I assume you would choose Left or Right for the MGM Button to map the applicable letters in those positions and then the A-Z.

The Left and Right letters are smaller in size but are not lower case letters and I don't know if that has a bearing on which A to Z Button to select such as A-Z or a-z?

Any help with this puzzle would be appreciated! LOL
Eastwitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Re: Mapping Diamond Type Monogram letters?

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:59 am

Hello Eastwitch2,

Yes, you have the mapping instructions exactly right! Sounds like a good video/lesson to write up for the tips and tricks section! Would you mind sharing the website that is offering the free monogram font?

When you choose to use this font, if you type in "LNS" it will pull the L from the letters you mapped LEFT, the N from the Center and the S from the right.

If you choose Multiline text (the first text option) it will pull these in but you won't have any of the other enveloping styles. Choose the monogram/single line text (second option) to get the different layouts. If this really is a stylized diamond font, you probably won't want to change the layout/envelope, but this is where those options are.

Hope this helps! Lisa
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:31 pm

Thank you Liza for your reply about mapping the Diamond type alphabet with the 3 poisions for the letters.
I will try my hand at mapping the letters and see how I do.
Yes it would make a good Video Lesson.

Unfortunately the Alphabet was free from Apex Embroidery and it is not available any more.
But they do offer free designs and sometimes a free alophabet.

Right now in the Free Designs Section there is 1 Free Alphabet available now.

It is best to register on their website and sign up for their Newsletter as Seth sends out notices when Free designs are available.
You can also check for Free designs under the Section - "What's New" on the Home Page.
http:/apexembdesigns.com
They do sell digitized Alphabets too.
Many of the alphabets come in more than 1 size.

EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Try this web address fro Apex.
http://apexembdesigns.com

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:52 am

thanks! I had sent Seth an email a few weeks back regarding the BX format - to see if he would be interested in offering it to his customers.

Thanks for taking the time to send this information for me to check out!
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Lisa

Are there any websites offering the BX format yet?

Also Seth was offering a Free Alophabet for signing up for the Newsletter,
I don't know if he is still doing this or not.

He does have a good variety of Alphabets for slae and he does offer sales on his website often.
EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:26 am

Rivermill Embroidery is the first to offer ALL of her alphabets in the BX format!

We are working with a couple of others. I've been sending out contact emails to digitizing companies as I find them - many are not aware on what the BX format can do for them and their customers. This is why we've mentioned asking for the BX format from your favorite digitizer. We are more than happy to talk to them about this format, explain about AlphaTricks Express, AlphaTricks and Essentials (all of these work with the BX files). And if they thing "oh man! Here is one more thing we have to do :-(", we will even help them in any way we can so that it's not more work!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Lisa

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:17 am

Lisa can you give more detail to us about what you offer to the Digitzers that maybe interested in offering their Customers the BX Format.

Is it a type of free conversion tool that they can use or something else?
And how easy woud this be for them?

I am willing to contact a few digitzers to ask them if they would be interested in offering the BX format and how that may bring in more customers but would like to be able to explain what Embrilliance offers to then to be able do this.

Will the BX format work for regular type embroidery design stitch files too not just Alphabet stitch files?
Can a design be formatted in the BX format be used in the Essentials Program the way an Alphabet Stitch file in BX formart be used in the Alpha TRicks program?
I never thought to ask this before! LOL

EastWitch2

LisaSewBubbles

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:57 am

Hello EastWitch2,

Can we chat by email? Yes we offer a tool AND we offer to help map their fonts into a BX format as well to help get them up and running. I can give you more info but it would be easiest by email - LShaw @ BriTonLeap . com --- sorry it's not clickable but you know how those spammer robots are!

The BX "usage" questions is WONDERFUL -- If you purchase a BX file from a digitizer, it can be used in AlphaTricks OR Essentials. You can also add BX files to the Designer's Gallery EmbroideryWorks programs and use the fonts here.

Lisa

KLReeves

Post by KLReeves » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:30 am

Hey, Lisa...
did you or anyone else ever do that video/tutorial on mapping the diamond fonts with the MGM button? I have a couple that I'd like to map, and would like to see an example, if possible.
Thanks!
Kate Reeves