Adding a satin stitch outline to the letter design

Janome9900
Adding a satin stitch outline to the letter design

Post by Janome9900 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:40 pm

I purchased an alphabet applique collection that has a zig zag outline stitch. I dont like it and I want to add a satin stitch over the letter outline for a cleaner look. Which program can do this if any? Thanks
Sandy

EastWitch2

Re: Adding a satin stitch outline to the letter design

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:01 pm

Sandy
You may want to contact the Support Team with this question.

With the Embrilliance programs you can't just add another satin stitch outline to a design as this would be a digitizing function.

Since you already have a Zig Zag stitch outline you may be able to adjust the density of the outline zig zag stich so it becomes a Satin Stitch.
After all Satin Stitches are Zig zag stitches that stitch closely together!

Enthusiast has more advanced stitch editing which may work for this and also the Density Repair Kit has advanced density editing but I am really not sure which program would work better for doing this if it is at all possible.

You can contact the Support Team at the link below.
http://embrilliance.com/contact-us

The only other options maybe to use a built in satin stitch on your machine and use that to go over the Zig zag outline of the letters.
Or just buy another Applique Alphabet that has the satin stitch outline already. :roll:

EastWitch2

Janome9900

Post by Janome9900 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks. I am lousy at stitching over the zig zag. I did wonder if the density repair could work. Of course, buying another set with the satin outline probably makes the most sense. Sigh.....

Sandy

Janome9900

Post by Janome9900 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:23 pm

I purchased a satin stitch font set in two sizes for $4.95 on ETSY. Stitched out beautifully! Etsy is my new "go to" embroidery design shop! Who knew??

Sandy