Converting alphabet files

Nanax3

Converting alphabet files

Post by Nanax3 » Tue May 27, 2014 10:06 am

I would like to purchase an alphabet that is sold by Embird. I don't know the extension and if Embrilliance supports it so that I could convert the files. Does anyone have the answer?? :?: :?:

Thanks,
Nanax3

EastWitch2

Re: Converting alphabet files

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:24 pm

Nanax3

It appears that the Digitized Alphabets that are sold are plug ins for use in Embird only.
They don't mention anything about what stitch format/s they come in.
The digitized Alphabets may be copyrighted to only use in Embird too.

I have contacted 2 people that are very knowledgeable on using Embird to try and get more information on this but not heard back from them yet.

You might try contacting the people at Embird and asking them.

The stitch formats that all Embrilliance software reads and writes to are listed in the information on the Essentials page at the link below.
http://embrilliance.com/embrilliance-essentials

EastWitch2

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Kathy Jones just answered my email in regards to the Embird Digitized Alphabets and she said they are not in any machine stitch file formats and can only be used in Embird.

So the best you could do with them is make text designs with the Embird Alphabets in Embird and then save the design in a machine stitch format.

Then you could import the text design into Alpha Tricks like you can do with any other design that is already in a Stitch Format.

So no you really can't use the Embird Alphabets and map them into Alpha Tricks to make text designs with them.

EastWitch2

Nanax3

Post by Nanax3 » Wed May 28, 2014 7:21 am

Thanks so much for the information!! You have answered my question. I appreciate all the effort!

Nanax3