Deleting Fonts from alpha tricks

Chere

Deleting Fonts from alpha tricks

Post by Chere » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

While learning how to map I mapped some alphabets that really don't lend themselves well to alpha tricks, mostly they were too large or I mapped them incorrectly. So, in Alpha Tricks I deleted them. This seems to have made them disappear from the original folders, something I did not realize would happen. How is it possible to delete fonts you no longer want maps from Alpha Tricks without deleting them on the computer? Or is that just impossible and once they are mapped you are kind of stuck with them in Alpha Tricks? Maybe rename them before mapping and then mapping the renamed file while keeping the original unmapped?

EastWitch2

Re: Deleting Fonts from alpha tricks

Post by EastWitch2 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:49 am

When you say you deleted them in Alpha Tricks did you just use the Drop Down Font Menu on the left side of the Mapping Window to pull up the Font Name of the mappped and saved font you wanted to delete from Alpha Tricks and then did you use the delete button?

I have deleted several Fonts from Alpha Tricks that I had mapped and saved into Alpha Tricks and I still have the original zipped files of the Fonts that I downloaded in my Folder on my computer were I store the Fonts that I purchase or download free.

When you delete a Font that you mapped and saved into Alpha Tricks it should just remove the mapped font from the Alpha Tricks program and not affect the files you have stored on your computer.

Could you elaborate more on how you went about deleting the fonts from Alpha Tricks that caused you to loose the original downloaded files for the fonts?

EastWitch2

Chere

Post by Chere » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:20 am

I used the drop down window and deleted from there. When you are adding a file to Alpha Tricks are you making a copy first so that you have the original file and are then mapping the copy? In that case, the original would be preserved. What I would like to do is delete everything in Alpha Tricks and start over. I put files in there that have characters that are too large or are applique and it makes more sense to not have them in Alpha Tricks as the large ones can't be combined into even my largest hoop and the applique just seem as if it would be easier to work with them without using alpha tricks. I think I also need to just put the alphabets in Alpha Tricks that I really like. While learning I put just about anything in but that makes too many to work with.

Thank you for your help; I've been both ill and then on vacation so haven't been able to get back here to respond to you.

MacStitch

Post by MacStitch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:20 am

When you are mapping fonts, you are not doing anything with the fonts on your computer. The file created by Alpha Tricks when you map a font is stored elsewhere on your computer. You may delete all fonts from the pull down menu without disturbing your original fonts.
Betty

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:39 am

Chere

First look at the picture of the open Mapping Window in Alpha Tricks on this link.
http://www.embrilliance.com/phpBB3/view ... f=22&t=401

Notice on the left side at the top there is the word Font with a box beside it and an Arrow symbol on the right side of the box.
When you click on the Arrow it shows a list of all the Fonts by name that you have mapped into Alpha Tricks.
To Delete one of those fonts in the list you click on the name of the font to select it.

Now follow these steps to Delete a Mapped Font from Alpha Tricks
Open Alpha Tricks

Then Click on the Font Mapping Button in the Top Tool Bar to open the Mapping Window.
When the Mapping Window opens you get a Import Font? Pop Up Window which asks you:
Would You Like to Begin Import ing A Font?
Click NO.

Now in the working window go to the Font Box on the left side and click on the Arrow to the right to open the list of Fonts you have already mapped into Alpha Tricks.

Click on the Font names in the list that you want to delete to select it/.
This will pull up the selected Font into the working window.

Now go to the Right Side of the working window and click on the Delete Button.
This will Delete the selected font from the Alpha Tricks program.
EastWitch2