Removing jump stitches

Discussion about Embrilliance Enthusiast
tishawilliams

Removing jump stitches

Post by tishawilliams » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:37 pm

Is there a way to remove jump stitches in a design? Some of my designs come with way too many jump stitches and I was hoping there is a way to remove them. Any help is appreciated. :D

tishawilliams

Re: Removing jump stitches

Post by tishawilliams » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:18 pm

Does anyone have an answer for this...is there a tutorial somewhere? Thanks

EastWitch2

Post by EastWitch2 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:24 pm

Off the top on off my head this is my suggestions! LOL
Have a look at this Video perhaps it would help you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaybIKeCCg

You would have to find the first and last stitch of each jump stitch using the Sew Simulator and add tie off stitches to the parts of the design that are before and after the jump stitch in order for the design to stay intact after the jumps are removed.
Watch the video and see how Lindee G. does this in her Monogram Design.

I think once you have the jumps as seperate objects you could just delete them.

Jump stitches usually occur when you have a color change in a design, a lot of colors in a design or a lot of shading in a design.
Some jump stitches are unavoidable.

When a design is digitized by a novice digitizer you may find they use a lot of jump stitches in a design as they haven't learned to path their stitches to avoid too many jump stitches in their designs.

Yes it does takes some extra time to stop and cut jump stitches but you may find that it takes even longer to try and edit out the jump stitches.

You may be able to reduce the jump stitches by reducing the number of colors by color sorting the design or change the order the colors stitch out in the design if that doesn't change the look of the design.

You could contact the Digitizer of the design and ask them if they would reduce the number of jump stitches in the design for you.

EastWitch2

tishawilliams

Post by tishawilliams » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Thank you!! I agree, the more novice digitizers are the ones that have so many jump stitches. I do have a multi-needle, so I dont' have to cut them, I just was hoping to get rid of some of them. I'll take a look at the video and see if I can figure something out. Thanks again! :)

sccobb

Post by sccobb » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:50 pm

I am attempting to remove a few jump stitches and have watched the video recommended above. When I right click on the stitch the only action that appears is "paste". Is there a step I am missing to see the full right-click menu or has Embrilliance been updated since this post? Thanks.