Troubleshoot - Adding BX files

Get the most out of your software! Here we'll try to add useful tips regarding Essentials features.
LisaSewBubbles

Troubleshoot - Adding BX files

Post by LisaSewBubbles » Tue May 24, 2016 9:47 am

BX files are installation files for Embrilliance. They can add fonts to use with the Lettering tool, library design collections, thread palettes and more.

They are simple to install:
1. You can double click on an unzipped BX file to launch the installation into Embrilliance.
2. You can drag and drop an unzipped BX file onto the open program.
3. Some dialogs such as the Thread Utility have an Open BX which allows you to select an unzipped BX file for installation.
4. You can NOT select a FOLDER that contains BX, but you can select all the unzipped BX files in that folder. Folders can not be installed.

Have you seen a common thread here? In order to install BX files, they MUST be unzipped.

On a Mac it is simple - double click on the zipped file and the operating system unzips the contents into a folder of the same name.

On a Windows computer, its not much more difficult BUT it could vary depending on your operating system. Sometimes you can right click on the zipped file and choose Extract Files. Sometimes you can Double click to OPEN the zip file and then drag and drop the contents OUT of the zipped folder to a new location. Some people like to use 3rd party software programs to unzip - but you don't have to unless you want to get another program.

If you do not know how to unzip files on your computer - Your favorite search engine can help. Go to Google or Bing or however you search the internet and Type in:

"how do I unzip files in Windows XYZ"

where XYZ is your operating system version. You will find HEAPS of articles, blog posts, videos, links to Microsoft etc for help and instructions.

Once you have unzipped the BX file, you can install using your favorite method listed above. If you are a visual person, here is a video showing how to install BX files into the Embrilliance platform:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXE7k0C ... R2&index=5
AddBX.png
AddBX.png (466.8 KiB) Viewed 6569 times
NOW, once you have added the BX file, you need to "refresh" your program so that you can access this new installed information.

If you have installed a BX font, Click on the Lettering Tool. A new lettering object refreshes the font list! If you already have a lettering object on your screen and you select it, try to change the font and don't see your newly installed font - choose any font. This will refresh the font list - so now go back to the font list and BOOM you will see your newly installed fonts.

If you have installed a BX design Library - again you might need to refresh so if your Merge Library Design window is open, close it, and choose Merge Library Design to open it up again.

Once you get the confirmation window after installing a BX file, that tells you that the program now has this new information.

So if you aren't seeing the new information, there is no need to uninstall the program and reinstall - that will solve nothing.

BX files are installed exactly as shown in the video - you must drag and drop the BX file onto the design page - not the properties pane not onto the lettering tool - right onto the design page.

You also can not drag and drop FOLDERS - you can select all the unzipped BX files themselves and install them at one time, but they must be selected as files, not folders. Just like the video shows.

You probably don't need to restart the computer - although depending on your operating system and antivirus software, restarting the computer can help resolve all sorts of weird situations.

Closing the program and reopening will refresh everything by default. Not necessary but certainly will do the job.
If you have further questions, please use the Contact Us link at the top of this page to submit your questions to customer support.

Lisa

http://www.Sew-bubbles.com - check out my Blog for how to vidoes, projects and more!

mrssmitty421

Re: Troubleshoot - Adding BX files

Post by mrssmitty421 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:19 pm

Hi Lisa - thanks for the tips. Is there a way to change the names of the .bx files once they are uploaded into Embrilliance so that I can have the font list re-sorted?

srgibson99

Post by srgibson99 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:16 pm

Embrilliance Express question: I am loading my BX fonts into Embrilliance Express, and after 50 fonts it won't add any more. I can't figure out how to delete some of the ones I already loaded so I can use some of the new ones. Will this limitation go away when I get full-fledged Essentials?
I have a MacBook Pro

teamsmooth

Post by teamsmooth » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:19 am

go to following post link for answer
http://www.embrilliance.com/phpBB3/view ... =11&t=1575
or
go to board index- essentials- "your questions answered here" and you should find the remove fonts answer on page 7 currently
or
search "deleting fonts" in the search bar top right corner

loving essentials!

hsbdobergirl

Post by hsbdobergirl » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:55 am

I have the full Embrilliance with well over 50 fonts with no issues.

cynthia.c

Post by cynthia.c » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:55 am

Must I download a stitch file in BX to bring into the Embrilliance Essentials, then save to my machine format?
I'm having trouble locating saved files on my MAC to bring into the program and wondering if that's the issue. Thank you