Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Any discussion with Thumbnailer can go here.
mickey524
Re: Doesn't work even with Full Disk Access

Post by mickey524 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:07 pm

Took Nona's suggestion and logged issue with Apple support directly asking them to work with Brian and the Embrilliance team. Even offered to be a guinea pig/troubleshooter to get this resolved. As she suggests, the more input they get the more likely they are to take us seriously and do something. ;)

katyfitz

Post by katyfitz » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:15 pm

Great idea. Embrilliance found a workaround for me so I am up and going again.

mickey524

Post by mickey524 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:21 pm

what was your workaround? Need to try it ... thanks!

katyfitz

Post by katyfitz » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:52 am

They sent me an update they had been working on and it solved my problem. Have you put in a ticket? It took a couple of days and some back and forth before they offered me the update. But it worked immediately.

Nan W

Post by Nan W » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:41 pm

So is your fix different than what is already posted and still does not work for most of us? I have downloaded the Thumbnailer based on Catalina and installed and restarted 4 times and still not working.

eks

Post by eks » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:51 am

I have also granted full access and restarted computer about 5 times and still no thumbnailer. It is tough not having thumbnailer when you have a lot of files. Please keep working on it for those of us with Catalina. Thank you!!

ninepatch

Post by ninepatch » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:57 am

I am having the same problem with my Thumbnailer. I have followed all of the steps for Catalina and I have restarted my computer many times, but it is still not working. Hopefully there will be a fix soon!

avittek

Post by avittek » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:16 pm

I haven't used my embroidery machine for a while and was horrified to return to no thumbnails! I too have installed Catalina update on my Mac. Has anyone found a fix yet?

Nan W

Post by Nan W » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:59 am

Get rid of Catalina. I have a brand new MacBook Pro that came with Catalina and so I cannot go backwards OS wise. I have done the fix posted on the downloads page 3 times and still no thumbnails. Good luck.

Lacewood

Post by Lacewood » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:47 pm

Hi I have been having same issues I can not get thumbnailer to show files as a picture view just the program icon. has anyone seen any resolve , is it an apple fix? All my other embrilliance programs work , just following forums before bothering embrilliance team. They do such a wonderful job but seems to be Catalina issue .. what has everyone found - is it resolved ?
If at first you do succeed... try not to look too astonished"