Stitch Order

See your questions answered, and others can learn those answers too.
alwayssassy
Stitch Order

Post by alwayssassy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:59 pm

I just downloaded this program and it stitches out perfectly... however, I'm trying to change the stitch order on a template that I purchased from an embroidery design boutique. Am I not able to change the stitch order with Embrilliance?

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stitch Order

Post by Admin » Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:04 am

On a new installation, you may want to adjust the splitters on the right side of your screen so that you can see three individual panes: the Properties, the Object view, and the Overview (navigator).

The Object view contains an outline of the design page. The little triangles can be clicked on to 'disclose' (Mac term) the individual color layers within merged designs. This works like the tree-view in Windows with it's +/- buttons. Once you are seeing individual colors, you can select them there, by clicking, and then you can re-sequence them either via right-click in the outline, or from the Edit menu. You'll see Move First, last, etc. You can also delete a selected layer with the delete key or from the menu.

When designs are merged in, the color layers are grouped so that you can drag around the design, resize it all together, etc. However, you can treat each color as a separate object in the main view by ungrouping the design. Simply select it, then ungroup it using the Edit menu.

Using the Object view allows you to select individual colors without ungrouping; a very convenient feature, and once you get used to it, it is the "Only way to Fly."

Note that the properties page indicates properties for that which is selected. So if only one color is selected, only one color appears as a 'property' for that selection. In the event of no selection, you can, as a convenience, view and change the colors in the entire page from the property page. But sometimes people forget that the property pages are showing details specific to selections.

Hence, it looks like there are two 'color' properties, when in fact there are not: The Object view selects, and layers happen to be by color in stitch files; whereas the property page lets you view and adjust the colors.

Hope this helps!

Embroidery software and designs for Mac and Windows.
"Embroidery for the Rest Of Us!"