Made for anyone who loves creating designs, ready for commercial machine embroidery digitizers. Level 3 includes advanced shaping tools, a comprehensive set of stitch types, and utilities to enhance artistic interpretation and efficiency.
Level 3 has multiple input options, configurable default nodes, and multi-format stitch file, native BX font, and asset library publishing, perfect for professional digitizers, stock design sellers, and font creators.
Includes all Tools from Levels 1 and 2
Includes Mac and Windows Versions
- Get Into StitchArtist!
- Simple Projects: Level 1
- Detailed Designs: Level 2
- Professional Grade: Level 3
Who should use StitchArtist Level 3?
StitchArtist Level 3 is a tool for lovers of digitizing and hard-working creators who want versatility and productivity built in to their toolkit.
Level 3 is the choice of custom digitizers, stock design sellers, font-creators, designers, and embroidery professionals.
With configurable drawing tools and utilities that let you import and rework vector shapes, automatically outline existing stitches, create contours, trace line art with a click, branch objects of any stitch type, convert object-based fonts into editable shapes as well as creative options for custom motifs, carving lines, and even custom object-based fonts, StitchArtist Level 3 unlocks your potential at every step of the creation process. Level 2 lets you create anything; Level 3 lets you create anything faster, with more creative treatments, and publish it all for the embroidery world simply.
Typical Level 3 Projects include: detailed and/or complex designs, commercial logos, vector import, redesign, and editing for embroidery, creating designs and templates for published stock collections, publishing designs to multiple stitch file formats as well as to installable libraries for Embrilliance, creating custom fonts or font extensions for commercial clients and/or for publication in the BX format for distribution and/or sale to the Embrilliance community, multimedia designs including SVG vector cut files, and almost anything else you can imagine.
This Product is a ‘Full Version’
You do not need to own StitchArtist levels 1 or 2 in order to purchase StitchArtist Level 3; this full version contains all Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 features.
If you own Level 1, click here for the Level 1 to 3 upgrade to add level 2 and 3 features to your program. If you own Level 2, click here for the Level 2 to 3 upgrade package. You can always upgrade to any level of StitchArtist for the difference in price between the full version programs.
See the tabs above for a detailed look at what’s available in StitchArtist Level 3!
How do I use it?
StitchArtist is a program to create machine embroidery designs from scratch.
Draw, use the built-in shapes, import vector/cutting files so you can manually edit and use graphical operators to adapt the vector shapes for embroidery, or bring in a picture (such as .jpg), then ‘draw with stitches’ over the artwork, using it as a guide.
You control the shapes, sizes, set the stitching properties, assign stitch angles by adding inclination lines, and StitchArtist generates the actual stitches.
Those familiar with vector drawing will feel very comfortable with StitchArtist, but the easy ‘draw with points’ spline tool makes creating shapes easy to learn for everyone.
When assigning stitches to shapes, you have freedom to change your mind at any time. You can assign any shape a new stitch type easily.
Easier Editing and Creation
Creating designs often requires the ability to edit shapes. StitchArtist has features that make object creation and editing easy:
- Stitch generation is instant and automatic.
- No mode changes for selection, editing, coloring, moving, sizing, rotating or adjusting properties.
- You can work in any number of display modes. You aren’t locked to a specific mode during any process.
- Hundreds of editable vector shapes are included. Simple geometric shapes are easily created and altered with the automated shape tool.
- Perfect curves are 3 clicks away with the 3 point arc tool.
- Users unfamiliar with Bezier curves can use a simulated spline system that’s easier to learn and teach; helpful especially in early instruction.
- Import and Export in common vector forms such as .svg and cutter file formats like .studio or .fcm.
- Quick styles and Stylesheets accelerate the workflow by giving you fast access to common properties for stitch objects and allowing you to publish these properties for installation on any StitchArtist system.
You can do this!
With the knowledge of embroidery you are building and the skills to use them, the powerful tools in StitchArtist 3 will take your work to the next level of creativity and productivity. When you want to design and digitize like a pro, whether or not you’re in it to work commercially, you want tools that work and take the drudgery out of your process. StitchArtist 3 is here to help you design, digitize, publish, and distribute your creations.
The advanced automation and tools aren’t the only helpful parts of StitchArtist. Our engaged and active users make up the largest online community of any design creation or digitizing tool. StitchArtist fans love to help each other figure out how to create new assets, work with vector art and export files, discuss artistic and efficient digitizing, share assets and strategies, and simply delight in masterpieces the community creates!
StitchArtist Level 3 combines the ease of Level 1 with the power of Level 2 and adds the tools that to complete a professional workflow. With level 3, you have everything you need to create excellent work and distribute it anywhere in the embroidery world.
Upgrade on your Schedule
Not sure if you are ready for level 3? StitchArtist level 3 is available complete or as an upgrade, and it never costs more to take the upgrade route than it does to buy level 3 at the outset. If you want to learn to draw shapes first with the robust tools of StitchArtist Level 2, you can work on your mastery and move to Level 3 whenever you want.
Welcome to StitchArtist!
StitchArtist is embroidery design-creation software. It is easy-to-use and designed for everyone: New embroiderers, artists, graphics professionals, and seasoned apparel decorators. This is accomplished with product levels. As the level goes up, additional tools and control are added. Created with education in mind, StitchArtist’s level upgrades allow you to grow the software as you learn to take more control over your embroidery.
The process of design creation, commonly called ‘digitizing’, generally requires a skilled person using a specialized tool. StitchArtist is that tool, but created specifically to take the traditional difficulty out of the process so users can concentrate on design and creativity.
In a radical departure from the typical digitizing interface, StitchArtist uses a single mode to draw, set stitches, size, edit, rotate, sequence, and set properties of design objects. It is easy and intuitive. There is built-in help that replicates the printable .PDF manuals (download at any time), very active social communities, and of course, the award-winning Embrilliance support system.
Embrilliance creates tools that people love to use. We put you in control, and use automation only where appropriate. This is how the best designs are made.
Given the easy-to-use genius of StitchArtist, it’s easy to think it is an automated digitzing tool. It is not. StitchArtist is not a photo-to-stitch tool or an auto-digitizing program. Such things are sold but do not create nice embroidery. There is no such thing as ‘conversion’ from an image to an embroidery design. It takes a human being with an eye for stitch types, but no real artistic skill is required. Can you trace? Can you click your mouse or tap your pen? You have all the skill you need to start.
StitchArtist is part of the Embrilliance Platform, sharing one program with our other titles like Essentials and Enthusiast. This means that as you add titles, your features grow without having to switch between programs! Embrilliance products are modular: You do not “Need another program first.” You can use only StitchArtist. If you have other titles, they work together seamlessly to offer incredible ability in a single interface.
StitchArtist is a design creation tool, which means it does not manipulate existing designs. Our other products, like Essentials, handle those tasks. Whether you want to create or embellish designs for hobby, friends, sale or full professional use, StitchArtist is for you.
|StitchArtist Full Version Programs|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 1 to 2||Level 2 to 3||Level 1 to 3|
Included Stitch Types by Level
Select from a wide array of stitches or create your own custom motifs in StitchArtst Level 3
|Stitch||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Line (no stitches)||X||X||X|
|Run (7 styles)||X||X||X|
|Satin Column (auto-incline)||X||X||X|
|Satin Column (inclines)||X||X|
|Candlewicking, French Knot||X||X|
|Contour (echo) 3 styles||X||X|
|Satin 3D Foam Auto-Underlay||X||X|
|3, 5 Pass Whip||X||X|
|Curved Fill/Curved Motif Fill (User-drawn curve)||X||X|
|Gradient Fill (& curved mode)||X||X|
|Feathered Fill (& curved mode)||X||X|
|Motif Run (gradient)||X||X|
|Eyelets, Single and Run||X|
|Patch Edge (Faux Merrow)||X|
Level 2 includes all Level 1 tools. Designed for production and skills training. Create sophisticated embroidery designs and logos with a more complete set of digitizing tools. Level 2 includes a wide cross-section of embroidery stitch types and properties, enabling you to create virtually any design. If you want to use satin stitches to their fullest extent, you want Level 2. Level 2 allows the import of .SVG vector art and .FCM and .studio cutting file formats for use as objects. Level 2’s included 3D Foam underlay converts any suitable satin-stitch column elements into 3D Foam embroidery with a single, simple setting.
Level 3 includes Level 1 and Level 2 tools. Made for those who love creating designs and digitizers working in commercial machine embroidery, level 3 includes advanced tools like Styles, QuickStyles, Eyelets, custom Carving lines, and shaping tools such as AND, Subtract, Union, Flatten, Inflate/Deflate, Re-construct and Break. It can even automatically outline existing stitches, making for easy borders on existing stitch-file elements. Work your way with configurable drawing tool defaults and the ability to create and publish custom Motifs and Embossed effects for personal use or distribution to the StitchArtist user community. Level 3 reveals the full properties for each stitch type, and branches all object types including sub-branches that don’t need to touch. Level 3 adds operations for more complete vector support, including export. You can even draw .svg and cutting machine designs directly. Create custom fonts for embroidery clients or publish fonts to share with or sell to your fellow Embrilliance Platform users with level 3’s included object-based, scalable font publishing using our world-renowned BX installer format, complete with rights management, all no additional cost.
See the StitchArtist Levels tab above for included stitch types by level.
Tools unlocked with StitchArtist Level 3:
- Magic Wand for Line Areas
- Creates Line shapes based on your imported art with a single click.
- Auto-Outline Stitches
- Automatically create an embroidery object by outlining selected stitches.
- Inflate / Deflate
- Create a contour outline by expanding or contracting a current shape. Includes controls for rounding corners and removing holes.
- Reconstruct Outlines
- Simplifies and smooths shapes with excessive nodes.
- Path Operations: CUT, AND, Flatten and UNION
- Use embroidery and line objects to create and refine other objects by cutting one from another, creating an object from overlapping area, punching out overlapping areas, and uniting shapes into a single line object with a common edge.
- Import .EMF/.WMF and some .ai files
- Export as vector: .svg, .studio, .fcm
- Delayed Generation
- Work on large, intensely detailed designs with no slowdown by only calculating new stitches when you are finished altering your shapes.
- Configurable default point input
- decide whether your primary node type will be Line or Curve
- Toggle Auto-Scroll
- Extensive file publishing options for design creators and sellers
- Publish designs in your working file as multiple file types, perfect for stock design digitizers preparing a product for customers with all varieties of machines.
- Create and publish your own scalable, object based fonts for personal use or resale, complete with rights management.
- Create and map fonts that can be used with any Embrilliance program.
- Publishes to your own installed font list as well as creating a BX Installation file for distribution.
- Control downstream users’ ability to republish your fonts
- Tag fonts with your digitizer and company name, website, and license info
- Patch Creation ‘Edge’ Tool
- Create faux Merrow-edged patches from a single line object
- Use multiple methods to create the body of the emblem
- Pre-cut Patch Fabric
- Hand-Cut Fabric Method
- Freestanding Fill using only thread
Includes all tools from StitchArtist 1 and 2
StitchArtist 2 Tools and Stitch Properties:
- Incline (Stitch Angle) Controls
- True Bezier Shape Input
- A/B and Left/Right Satin Column Inputs
- Continuous Design Visualizer for borders and bands
- Sequence Mode for single click sequencing
- Motif stitch ‘scale on line’ decorative scaling
- Fill Stitch Embossing
Import Vector Art
Added to our our professional Bezier and Spline Point drawing tools is the ability to import .SVG vector art and even some cutting file formats (.FCM and .studio) for use as embroidery objects. Now you can start with existing vector art, modify your shapes for embroidery, and add stitch information.
Create Dimensional 3D Foam Embroidery with Ease
Included in StitchArtist level 2 is our automatic 3D Foam column underlay type, which automates the process of converting any suitable satin-stitch elements into 3D Foam embroidery with the click of a button! Add capping, connections, and set your density without the hassle of manually digitizing elements or tweaking settings.
Level 2 Satin Stitch Properties:
Creates a cut fringe that holds firmly without topstitching
Two styles: constant density or fixed line count
- 3 and 5 Pass Whip
Creates multiple passes over every other stitch on a satin stitch pass to create a homespun thick-thread/floss look with standard threads
StitchArtist 1 Tools and Stitch Properties
Run Stitch Styles:
- Bean (up to 9 passes)
- Backstitch (up to 5 passes)
- Stemstitch (adjustable width, angle)
Satin stitch properties:
- Patterns (18)
With additional controls for in-pattern Stitch Length, Edge Pad (margin without stitch penetrations from the edge of the satin column), and turning off the pattern or selecting mid-column anchor stitches on the Reverse stitch.
- Split Satin Stitches
Number of splits (1-5), Max stitch length, Reverse stitch control
- Feathering / Jagged Edges
Inside and Outside, Left and Right independent control
- Pull Compensation
Minimum, Percent, Maximum
Four styles with density adjust
Edge Run, Parallel, Zig-zag. With control of length, inset and density.
- Line styles
Advanced Text Tools
- Envelope creation and editing
- Fixed baselines at any angle or with any shape
- Name drops at any angle and alignment for template creation
Applique and our included exclusive: Appliqadabra
- E-Stitch, Blanket stitch, Satin
- Full control over use of Position and Material
- Simulated Fabric fill
- Appliqadabra – lets you use a photo fill, with cropped printing for mixed media
- Color styles including PES traditional, User-defined and Keep Color for multi-needle machines.
- Cut-file saving for Silhouette, Scan ‘n Cut, SVG
- Four styles with adjustable spacing and stitch length
- Can be converted to a Run, and then a Motif Run for virtually unlimited possibilities.
Motif Run / Fill
- Combine motifs in a sequence for your own pattern
- Full control over each motif size, rotation, mirror
- Satin motifs included
- Candlewick motifs included
- Can be used to make lace designs
- Can be used under other objects for freestanding support
- Single-run style for creating even grids for a quilted look on linings, etc.
- Open and closed paths supported
- Fixed grid so adjacent objects can align
- Advanced text tools including:
- Custom envelope creation and editing for shaped text
- Custom text baselines for text that follows any shape
- Name drops at any angle and alignment for template creation
- Over 200 outlines that can be used in any stitch type, including applique.
- Over 150 Motifs for run and fill
- Over 50 Emboss patterns
- Over 15 Fill Patterns
Embrilliance works with any embroidery machine!
All Embrilliance Platform programs work with any embroidery machine capable of loading embroidery files, as the platform can read and write at least one format that every embroidery machine understands. This includes all machines from Brother/Baby Lock, Janome, Viking, Pfaff, Bernina, and any commercial embroidery machine that reads the standard .DST format.
All Embrilliance Platform Programs can export the following file types:
.CSD, .DST, .DSZ, .EXP, .EXP+, .HUS, .JEF, .PCS, .PCM, .PES, .SEW, .SHV, .TAP, .VIP, .VP3, .XXX
You can even set stitch parameters for your favorite file type, including trim and automatic centering options for the universal DST file type used by both commercial and home embroidery machines.
Applique cut files can be saved as .SVG, .PLT, .FCM (ScanNCut) and .studio (Silhouette).
Windows XP SP2 and later, OSX 10.58 and later. The Embrilliance platform is compatible with both and allows you to install on all the computers you own, including a mix of both Mac and Windows systems.
This is a downloadable product!
Once you have completed your purchase, you will be automatically sent an invoice containing the serial number you need to activate your program by our system. If you’ve not received it within a half-hour, please use our Contact Us page to get in touch. Common causes for not getting your serial number within minutes are:
- Entering the incorrect email address
- Your invoice being filtered into your spam folder
- Your Email settings only allowing verified ‘friends’ mail to enter your inbox
To avoid these problems, please add *@embrilliance.com to your allowed list.
How do I install my program?
Your invoice will contain a serial number which you’ll use to activate the features in the program; simply download the latest version of the Embrilliance Platform for your operating system from https://www.embrilliance.com/downloads and enter the serial number from your invoice when prompted on the program’s first launch.
Already have Embrilliance on your system?
If you already have an Embrilliance Platform product running, here’s all you need to do: Add the serial number to your existing Embrilliance Platform by running your existing install and using the menu Help -> Serial Numbers… type in the serial number, and click ‘Set’.
Note: StitchArtist comes with the Block built-in native font. For those who want more native, scalable fonts, Embrilliance Essentials adds 12 fonts as well as its many stitch-file processing functions to your platform, while our Font Collection 1 and Font Collection 2 contain multiple interesting typefaces to use with any Embrilliance Platform program.